Our client is a British Heritage Retailer based in South West London. They are currently looking for a Head of Merchandising.
Head of Merchandising - The Role:
- To develop a vision and strategy for own division which is aligned to the corporate strategy, in conjunction with other Heads of Function (HOF’s):
- Monitoring and reviewing the execution of the strategy and escalating issues as appropriate, to the Buying/Merchandise Director and Heads of Function.
- Leading, managing and motivating teams to achieve all Company and
- divisional KPI’s;
- Coaching, training and developing teams through the effective use of all available company tools, resources and the PDP process;
- Undertake regular review of all trading activities, to identify risks and opportunities and to drive action with the Heads of Buying (HOB);
- Develop a numerical framework in order to support and challenge the product strategy and to optimise in season trading requirements;
- Provide analytical support to the Heads of Buying, in order to inform and shape merchandising and buying decisions, within the current and future seasons;
- Develop divisional sales, profit, stock, margin and markdown budgets, in order to deliver the divisional and corporate strategy;
- Take responsibility for the delivery of planned sales, stock, margin, profit, management of stock and intake and control of markdown levels, within agreed budgets;
- Work closely with the Head of Stock Distribution to plan the correct allocation of space and the number of options by grade and with Retail and Visual Merchandising to ensure it is executed in line with the divisional strategy;
- Drive the on-going review of Merchandising systems and processes to ensure their relevance, effectiveness and flexibility to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business and to shape best in class within the division and across the business;
- Regularly monitors and reviews levels of individual team performance through the effective use of annual competency reviews, Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) and competency frameworks to drive out training, coaching and development needs for all colleagues within the team.
Head of Merchandising - The Candidate:
- Commercial and product focussed
- Demonstrably computer literate in spreadsheets
- High level of numeracy require
- Excellent team management skills
- Track record/ relevant achievements: Track record confirmed through promotions within businesses worked in
- Senior Merchandising or merchandising manager experience within fashion retail.
Head of Merchandising - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.