HEAD OF MERCHANDISING & PRODUCTION - Central London
In conjunction with the Head of Sales & Operational Planning, Design, PD, Retail operations, Ecommerce and Wholesale deliver the 3-year sales & margin plan through strategic product & production planning, sales and operational efficiencies, in depth analysis, commercial trading and excellent inventory management. The Head of Merchandising & Production will play a key role in transforming the business from wholesale to direct to consumer.
- Responsible for leading the Wholesale and Omni channel Merchandising team to ensure the bottom up category budgets and financial metrics align to achieve the top down financial strategy
- Responsible for instilling a trading culture amongst the Wholesale and Omni channel merchandising teams to identify and optimize new and emerging opportunities whilst controlling stock levels through monthly MSSI & WSSI meetings and maximizing profit through developing and implementing robust markdown and pricing strategies
- Own the total business product sell thru reviews to support the future range architecture, proving range challenge based on market intelligence
- Drive and own the seasonal strategy, range planning, intake margin & global pricing, range and buy sign off process
- Responsible for developing and maintain strong cross-functional relationships especially with design, production, marketing, e-commerce, retail operations and wholesale, and play a significant role in ensuring full alignment in planning and support for key events, promotions, windows, layout etc.
- Responsible for driving company growth by identifying future risks and opportunities and proactively implementing solutions that meet the needs of our customer across all channels and markets.
- Responsible for the timely stock purchases to satisfy customer demands and maximizing sales potential, whilst keeping clearance stocks to the agreed level
- In conjunction with the Design & PD team plays a lead role in ensuring that our supply base is fit for purpose. Working with suppliers on a rolling 18-month production capacity forecast
- Responsible for the delivery of product from concept to ex-factory, on time in full, to required quality standards
- Be a key member of systems development team to ensure our systems best support the needs to the business
- Minimum 3 years experience at a Managerial level within Multi channel Production and Merchandising
- Degree level or equivalent experience
Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing process from start to finish
- Proven track record of delivering margin improvements
- Expertise in Planning, Trading and Inventory Management
- Expertise in Range Planning, Building and Selection
- Expertise in Team Leadership and Development