Our client is a leading provider of apparel looking to recruit an experienced Head of Operations with a clothing/textiles background, to join an established business and to lead a team growing their online business.
Head of Operations
- With a background in leading the operations of a growing business you’ll be highly experienced in leading and delivering exceptional performance across Import Merchandising, Demand Planning & Warehousing.
- As a key member of the senior leadership team you are the lead for these key operational matters for the business, ensuring your teams work seamlessly together whilst providing customers with an exceptional experience.
- You will contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the business strategic plans. To improve and implement best practice to ensure the brand is operating at an optimum.
- Provide leadership and direction to teams based across two sites (Head Office in Stockport) and warehousing (offsite). and travel between locations will be a required.
- A commercial approach, with strong forecasting, planning acumen with an in depth understanding of supply chain process from execution into the warehouse.
- Manage the operations budgets, forecasting all operations department needs and ensuring that budgets for those needs are adhered to at all times.
- This is a newly created role, looking for an individual who will seize the opportunity to create their own mark and bring together supply chain and operations.
Head of Operations – The Person Specification
- Experienced in a similar, Head of Operations, senior supply chain or operations management role min 5 years (ideally within relatable fashion, apparel, footwear, textiles or homewares)
- A willingness to handle day to day issues all the way up to the strategic planning.
- Highly experienced in a growing fast paced business.
- Practical forecasting and planning skills are essential.
- Experienced in project management to ensure that an assignment is carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Experience of reviewing the opportunity and threats of warehousing to ensure optimum stock/units and levels of manpower
- Highly commercial and analytical, ability to understand the numbers and impact of decision making
- Strong leadership and management experience, ability to lead and motivate,
- Full clean driving licence