About the Business
A large diversified international garment manufacturer is expanding their production by setting up a new manufacturing unit in Vietnam. They are seeking a seasoned professional to head their operations there.
The business aims to operate a 500-600 machine facility at the site. The site will produce soft womenswear - tops, skirts and dresses for the US and European markets. Product price point ~$10-12. The business is keen to ensure that the needle work is of high quality.
The role will suit someone with experience in managing womenswear (soft) production.
Head of Operations: The Role
- Design and implement processes and work flow of manufacturing operations from Cut to Pack to ensure right quality and timely delivery.
- Ensure that the workmanship (including needle work) is of high quality
- Develop the standard operating process keeping an eye on productivity and operational excellence
- Plan and forecast resources and raw materials
- Coordinate with Merchandising team to ensure timely feed to the production lines.
- Daily analysis of production, efficiency, quality and other plant reports and provide direction to teams consisting of staff from Production, Maintenance, Industrial Engineering, Quality, Technical, Merchandising and Planning.
- Implementing right systems to ensure smooth functioning of the unit.
- Interaction with Corporate Office on daily /weekly and monthly monitoring reports and on critical production related issues
- Work closely with the Planning Department and coordinate for the machinery requirements.
- Ensure factory meets the compliance as per technical, social and health standards.
- Ensure compliance to local laws and standards
Head of Operations: The Person
- Experienced in Womenswear - top, dresses and skirts manufacturing
- Experienced in setting up and running a new unit; ensuring a smooth running of operations
- The ideal candidate will have experience in producing high quality garments
- Experienced in driving operational excellence
- Strong planning and process skills
Strong leadership skills
If this sounds like you, please apply with confidence