We are delighted to be representing our client who is now looking for a highly experienced Head of Procurement to join their well established and highly respected business. This is a truly exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their career and the business to the next level. Ideally you will have experience in Wovens and Knitted fabrics must be commercially astute , strong negotiator , experience in social compliance.
The role oversees a team of Quality technologists looking at both fabric and garments, and works closely with off shore offices to place programmes of work into ethically sourced factories to deliver to agreed timescales.
Working with a team of demand planners to agree buy requirements, then identifying production volumes and converting these into sourcing plans, this opportunity has a wide and varied workload. The ranges encompass both woven and knitted garments across a variety of products and the ability to deliver consistent quality standards across garments and fabric sources is key.
The role will target agreed KPI’s against which the procurement budgets measured. Strong negotiating skill are essential alongside a numerate aptitude. A proven ability to negotiate price and lead teams within time pressured situations is required, alongside strong interpersonal skills. This will involve regular international travel.
- Managing the yearly procurements forecasts to ascertain buy requirements.
- Converting those buy requirements into a sourcing strategy that builds supply partnerships and also aligns to agreed KPI’s.
- Hitting agreed timelines for both product sourcing and delivery.
- Reaching agreed results in product and price negotiations.
- Delivering an ethical sourcing factory selection process that requires validated audits.
- Ensuring quality standards are met with consistent products that match the brand specifications.
Skills, experience and education requirements:
- A proven record in garment procurement across both woven and knitted garments.
- A strong understanding of textile quality standards and the necessary testing requirements to deliver to brand standards.
- Experience of leading teams in time challenged situations.
- Proven strong negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of numerate accuracy.
- Experience of working with a variety of off-shore factories and sourcing offices.
- If this is your area of expertise , then please don't delay , send your cv to us today ! Thank you.