My Client a Luxury Luggage and Accessories brand is looking to recruit a Head of Production/Factory Manager to lead the production team to grow the UK Production capacity and efficiency for their manufacturing unit based in the North London.
Following a significant investment by a leading Investment Company in March 2020, the Client has an ambitious growth strategy for the future and looking for exceptional talent to join the team. The candidate must be an experienced and dynamic manager.
The successful candidate for the Head of Production role will have experience managing production teams, with a good knowledge of Lean principles and proven experience of increasing productivity/efficiency. The successful candidate will have high levels of motivation and be a team player.
The Head of Production candidate must have a track record for driving efficiency and output, understands quality procedures, and the ability to lead and managing a team of 40-50. There is the opportunity to shape the team to deliver the key production improvements.
Key requirements include;
· Understands and proven experience of Lean Manufacturing, and 1 piece flow systems
· Proven track record of driving efficiency and output.
· Proven team management to manage the 40-50 people on the production floor.
· Continually assess opportunities to improve productivity through investment in machinery/methods.
· Fully appraising any opportunities to present them to the Leadership team for support.
· Developing process and equipment knowledge to effectively troubleshoot problems.
· Defining and owning continuous improvement plans.
· Ensure there are appropriate Quality Systems, Processes and People in place to maximise Product Quality.
· Identify and implement new Production/manufacturing processes, where necessary, to improve Quality.
· Work closely with Head of Supply and Planning to ensure the factory is planned effectively.
· Manage the Production team to ensure they are motivated, fully engaged and working efficiently.
· Train and support the Production floor managers so they can perform their jobs effectively.
· Continually assess production skills and make changes/train individuals to ensure the factory is flexible and able to adapt to changes.
· Ability to multi-task and problem solve with the capability to work under pressure
· Key decision maker
· Strong ability to influence and communicate at all levels and functions.
· Effective communicator.
Due to the number of applicants we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Please don't be deterred from applying to any of our vacancies in the future.