Thought is an award-winning fashion business that is rapidly growing in strength and reputation through its innovative clothing designs from natural and sustainable materials. Established almost 20 years ago Thought has a thriving Wholesale business with more than 1,000 stockists across the UK and internationally alongside a rapidly growing ecommerce business dispatching globally.
The strength of the Thought brand has been created with the energy, commitment, talent and enthusiasm that our engaged and successful team deliver to the highest standards.
As we continue to expand, we are looking for a passionate and driven Head of Sales.
This is an exciting challenge for an experienced Head of Sales with UK and International experience who is looking for their next step with a brand that is at an integral stage in its growth journey. We are looking for someone in the sweet spot of their career who has recent proven success of driving a field sales team, as well as exposure and experience of ‘bigger picture’ responsibilities that includes creating and implementing a strategy, on an International level.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will have a deep range of responsibilities. This includes creating the global growth strategy, as well as implementing the strategy themselves through opening accounts, enlisting agents internationally, managing the International agents and budgets, dealing with day to day account management, running tradeshow stands, as well as managing and giving direction to the field sales team.
The more senior element of this role will require the candidate to liaise effectively with other senior team members, provide management reporting and updates at senior meetings to provide a shared and clear understanding of how the strategy implementation is tracking, and successes and challenges that are experienced along the way.
The successful candidate will have pre-established contacts and relationships within the industry and will have a successful track record of identifying, recruiting and onboarding a global network of agents and distributors.
The right candidate will be excellent at relationship management with both small and large accounts, have significant womenswear wholesale experience, be a team player, will be driven to succeed and hungry to develop their career by joining an entrepreneurial, fast paced business.
Develop and deploy a global growth strategy focusing on further increasing account base and penetration across established as well as emerging markets.
- Assess the best strategy, channels and timelines for new entries to market. Implement these in accordance with the agreed recommendations.
- Establish a second-to-non global Thought sales process. Motivate and manage the team to ensure the brand is maximising its full potential within each account, and agent Internationally.
- Manage International agents in accordance with targets, budgets, and brand guidelines.
- Adopt a hands-on approach to leading, managing and mentoring the UK sales team and continuous development of the customer journey and experience.
- Setting up and managing trade-shows for the brand in both the UK and Internationally as appropriate.
- Ensure that customers are being serviced to the highest standard. Maintain strong relationships with our current customers, demonstrating ability to listen and understand requirements and offer tailored solutions where feasible.
- Managing the UK seasonal selling calendar and business critical path with fresh eyes offering ideas for different approaches.
- Analyse details of sales territories to assess their growth potential and deliver to budget. Grow Thoughts global network.
- Research and identify areas for expansion and follow up on new business opportunities.
- Travel Internationally to create, analyse and drive business opportunities and identify appropriate partners. The selling season’s lasts approx. 6/8 week, then outside of selling season may involve traveling to current & prospect accounts.
- Manage seasonal selling calendar
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure all sales activity compliments the marketing calendar and planned campaigns.
- Be agile enough to turn your attention to key business requirements, for example, inclusion of concession stores. Embrace new directions and focuses and incorporate the relevant new channels into the overarching strategy.
- Serve as a Thought Brand ambassador.
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally the successful candidate will have 4 years with a proven track record in a similar environment, as a Head of Sales.
- Previous experience working with senior management and full P&L responsibility
- Proven key client account management abilities.
- Experience of selling through a variety of differing channels, department stores, distributors, plus on and offline channels.
- Ability to scale your approach and delivery from hands on operational ability up to strategic thinking.
- Team management and development experience; able to motivate, delegate and direct others effectively, some of which will be remote workers.
- Effective communicator; be a confident spokesperson for the brand internally & externally.
- Ability to commit to national and international travel.
- Clean Driving license.
- A can-do attitude and willing to go the extra mile will go a long way here