At the cutting edge of fast fashion, Pentex is a global design and manufacturing business with its headquarters in the heart of London. We have been established for over 30 years and are an expanding business with a worldwide client base.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Tech looking to develop their career further within a fast-paced environment. Your main responsibility will be to manage your own accounts and manage the technical team.
You will be part of a friendly, fast paced and experienced Technical team consisting of Garment Technologists, Graders, Pattern Cutters and Machinists.
- Coaching, guiding and supporting the team, offering solutions and problem solving
- Prioritising workflow and customer requirements
- Monitoring work performance and output levels
- Attending management meeting to ensure efficiency of processes between departments and highlighting any concerns
- Working on any strategic projects for the Board
- Must be prepared to travel to retailer and potential off shore travel to factories
- Preparation of all samples before the fit meeting – press/reference samples, specing initial samples, chasing production samples, uploading the PS chase up list
- Measure and inspect samples for fit and quality, ensure samples are tagged up with date. E.g sealer, factory PP, PS etc.
- Writing up comments, responding to emails, liaising cross department, attending handover meetings
- Liaise with factories regarding fit comments and spec requirements.
- Understanding status reports and updating the critical path system.
- check and request test reports
- Chasing and gathering information, chasing correct trims, uploading sealing on visual
- Preparing Tech Packs, working closely with pattern cutters
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a supplier environment, preferably who has a high street supplier background
- Someone who is used to working at a faster than average pace, working with different customer demands
- Good commercial knowledge and experience – solution focused and able to make decisions
- Management/ leadership skills with ability to proactively and efficiently problem solve
- A in depth understanding of pattern cutting and garment manufacture.
- Good communication skills, using own initiative and be self-driven.