We have an urgent requirement for this amazing ladieswear supplier, for an experienced Technical Manager, either someone already in this role looking for an exciting new position or you will be ready to step up to the next level, to join this busy company
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Tech looking to develop their career further within a fast-paced environment. Your main responsibility will be to manage your own accounts and manage the technical team.
You will be part of a friendly, fast paced and experienced Technical team consisting of Garment Technologists, Graders, Pattern Cutters and Machinists.
- Coaching, guiding and supporting the team, offering solutions and problem solving
- Prioritising workflow and customer requirements
- Monitoring work performance and output levels
- Attending management meeting to ensure efficiency of processes between departments and highlighting any concerns
- Working on any strategic projects for the Board
- Must be prepared to travel to retailer and potential off shore travel to factories
- Preparation of all samples before the fit meeting – press/reference samples, specing initial samples, chasing production samples, uploading the PS chase up list
- Measure and inspect samples for fit and quality, ensure samples are tagged up with date. E.g sealer, factory PP, PS etc.
- Writing up comments, responding to emails, liaising cross department, attending handover meetings
- Liaise with factories regarding fit comments and spec requirements.
- Understanding status reports and updating the critical path system.
- Check and request test reports
- Chasing and gathering information, chasing correct trims, uploading sealing on visual
- Preparing Tech Packs, working closely with pattern cutters
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a supplier environment, preferably who has a high street supplier background
- Someone who is used to working at a faster than average pace, working with different customer demands
- Good commercial knowledge and experience – solution focused and able to make decisions
- Management/ leadership skills with ability to proactively and efficiently problem solve
- A in depth understanding of pattern cutting and garment manufacture.
- Good communication skills, using own initiative and be self-driven.
We regret due to high volume, only successful candidates will be contacted