Salary between £25,000 to £32,000 DOE
This is a great opportunity to join a successful, well-established accessory business, based in the North West. This role would suit an experienced buyer and/or merchandiser who have experience managing own budgets looking for the next step in industry to work for a well-established business.
My client is friendly and down to earth, and really values their team. They are looking for an individual that has an interest in fashion and a head for facts and figures. I am looking for a real team player, who is analytically minded and happy to roll up their sleeves and work hard in this fast paced environment.
Import Buyer/Merchandiser - The role:
- Working closely with internal teams for range development, product updates as well as customers and offshore factories.
- You will be responsible for your own budget and will report to the MD of the business.
- Negotiating prices and lead times with the suppliers.
- Raising orders to factories and approval of packaging methods, shipments
- Working closely with the design team on approvals
- Working closely with overseas factories and liaising via email and telephone.
- Sourcing new factories and drive product development.
- Managing own work load and time efficiently
Import Buyer/Merchandiser - The candidate:
- Candidates must have experience as a Merchandiser within an supplier / import business within fashion garments and / or accessories
- A good general knowledge of fabrics, quality and chasing test reports.
- Ability to travel both in the UK and offshore is required.
- Must be open minded with a willingness to adapt and learn new ways of working
- Team player who can handle a busy workload
- Great communication skills are required as will be dealing with Far East factory’s on a daily basis
- You must have a keen eye for detail.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11753 - 1HH
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.