This is a great opportunity to join a successful, well-established apparel and accessory business, based in the North West. This role would suit someone with a placement year or someone looking for the next step in industry after a year or two in their first role.
My client is friendly and down to earth, and really values their team. They are looking for an individual that has an interest in fashion and a head for facts and figures. I am looking for a real team player, who is analytically minded and happy to roll up their sleeves and work hard in this fast-paced environment.
Junior Import Merchandiser - The role:
- Working closely with internal team and Head of Department, as well as customers and offshore factories
- Maintaining the critical path to ensure all key dates meet customer requirement/deadlines
- Updating and maintaining company and customer systems from confirmation of a development sample to shipment of production
- Raising orders to factories and preparing technical packs to be sent out to the factories
- Working closely with the design team on approvals
- Working closely with the Buyer on reporting and preparing stock figures
- Working closely with overseas factories and liaising via email and telephone.
- Checking samples and assisting the QC when required
- Preparing technical packs to be sent out to the factories
- Managing own workload and time efficiently
Junior Import Merchandiser – The Person:
- Candidates must have experience as a Merchandiser within a supplier / import business within fashion garments and / or accessories
- Must be open minded with a willingness to adapt and learn new ways of working
- Must be open to change and happy to work across multiple products
- Team player who can handle a busy workload
- Experience managing critical path is essential
- Must be able to use Microsoft Software
- Good understanding of fabrics and garment construction
- Great communication skills are required as will be dealing with Far East factory’s on a daily basis
- You must have a keen eye for detail.
If this opportunity excites you, please email your cv to email@example.com quoting reference 11937PP
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of