Raw Material Buyer
Our client is a global supplier of apparel. With a turnover exceeding £50 million they are they are a successful player in the market.
Based in Stockport, our client is looking for a talented and experienced raw material buyer to join their team.
Raw Material Buyer: the role:
You will be responsible for:
- Manage and develop a comprehensive supplier base
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers including price
- Establish purchasing terms with all suppliers
- Manage raw material stock at the factories and reduce dead stock
- Support the CMT merchandising process
- Arrange regular meetings with main suppliers to discuss their product developments, innovations
- Conduct benchmarks on fabrics/trims
- Raise all purchase orders and call off orders and maintain dates in the ERP system
- Manage price data on ERP solution
- Arrange shipments to required suppliers
- Update system and suppliers with due dates
- Liaise with finance re supplier payments
Raw Material Buyer: the person:
The ideal candidate will be
- Experienced in customs documentation and processes
- Ability to react decisively under pressure
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail, be self-driven and show initiative
- Be able to work individually and as part of different teams, as required
- Have intermediate/advanced IT skills – especially Microsoft Excel
- Be confident and have a positive, professional, attitude
What is on offer:
A competitive salary, company contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, free fresh fruit, continuous training and development, free on-site parking etc.
Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK.