An exciting opportunity for an existing Merchandiser to work with some beautiful womenswear product for a reputable supplier of trend led, party and occassionwear. This company also has a number of their own in-house brands which sell mainly through their own websites and on multi-brand platforms such as ASOS. As 1 of 3 Merchandisers within this team there will be some opportunity to work on the branded side although this role is predominately to work on their private label business with some exciting high street customers.
I am looking for merchandising candidates with a minimum of 3 years industry experience of working in an Import Merchandising role or similar. Some experience of working with offshore factories would be beneficial.
Import Merchandiser - The Role:
- Maintaining the critical path to ensure all key dates meet customer requirement/deadlines
- Updating and maintaining company and customer systems from confirmation of a development sample to shipment of production
- Obtaining prices from the relevant factories
- Liaising with customers to ensure that all needs are met after the initial meeting - through CADs/swatches and samples
- Attending customer meetings on a regular basis
- The ordering /development of all labelling and trims to ensure that the customers’ requirements are met
- Travelling as and when required for sourcing, sampling and product inspections overseas.
Import Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience working in an apparel supply environment.
- A background in womenswear would be ideal.
- Experience managing critical path is essential.
- Previous experience in dealing with key UK accounts.
- Great communication skills are required as will be dealing with offshore factories on a daily basis.
- Team player who can handle a busy workload.
- Happy to travel to overseas to factories etc.
- Candidates with a genuine interest in trend led fashion would definitely be of interest and fit in well with this team.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11716 KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.