Our client is a family owned, Licensed Garment supplier to the high street. They are currently recruiting for an Import Merchandiser to work with a large UK account.
Import Merchandiser/Product Development - The Role:
- Negotiating prices with factories and customers
- Raising new orders internally and sending to overseas factory / In country merchandisers
- Checking all details on customer contracts
- Liaising with factories / in country merchandisers daily, on email & phone with regards to approvals/rejections
- Updating and analysing internal and customer critical paths
- Conducting weekly skype calls with factories
- Sending sample submissions – Lab dips/strike offs to customer
- Coordination between licensing department and QC department with sample approvals
- Liaising with logistics department to ensure goods are delivered on time
- Liaising with design department if any design issues & to request high resolution artwork to send to the factory.
- Checking label artworks, and giving approval to factory
- Identifying production issues and dealing with any problems that arise
- Ability to read test reports & send production pieces to the lab
- Maintain strong customer relationship
- Attend customer meetings
Import Merchandiser/Product Development - The Candidate:
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure & cope with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach
- Previous experience in licensing would be an advantage
- Previous experience in Children’s wear, Jersey / Knitted.
- Previous experience in Garment Physical and Chemical testing.
- Familiar on Microsoft Office packages and Outlook.
- Ensuring a smooth handover between departments
Import Merchandiser/Product Development - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.