Our client is a market leading manufacturer of both woven and knitted fabrics. As a result of continued business growth they are now seeking a Fabric Development Manager to join their stretch fabric team which focuses on their automotive applications.
Fabric Development Manager – The Role:
- Promote/Sell Company as technically advanced supplier to existing, new and potential customers
- Identify new market potential for our products within existing customers and new opportunities
- Design and develop new fabrics for the above
- Establish strong working relationships with key customers
- Identify new raw material sources
- Devise specifications for customers on new products, sometimes on existing products
- Compile and monitor weaving specifications for commercialised products
- Compile and monitor weaving specifications for development, quality, segregation needs
- Manage development yarn and fabric stocks to ensure they remain at a suitable level
- Sign off development products for commercial use
- Managing weekly Development Meetings
- Regular technical input for troubleshooting/firefighting and dealing with complaints/substandard fabrics
- Regular input to prioritise & set work for development of new textured yarns
- Regular role in facilitating continuous improvement (waste reduction, cost down, efficiency improvements initiatives
Fabric Development Manager – The candidate:
- Degree in Textile/Material Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fabric design and an understanding of fibre technology are essential. Ability and knowledge of textile calculations is a great asset.
- Comfortable presenting to customers.
- Knowledge of the textile industry in terms of what can be achieved with fabric design, yarn selection and finishing processes
- Use of spreadsheets, word processing and databases are essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to drive
Fabric Development Manager – The package:
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Excellent Benefits