Essentials Designer (Womens & Mens & Kids)
SCOPE OF POSITION
Due to recent and future growth plans, multiple exciting Design opportunities have arisen for an individual wishing to join a busy and expanding design team in Central London for a leading fashion design, manufacture, importer and wholesaler. The successful applicant must have a strong background in Essentials Design. This role will cover all genders but the successful candidate will need to come from a Womens Essentials background.
You must have 3+ years experience of mainstream Fashion Product Design with a strong knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing process. This role will also include some travel between offices as required across the UK.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility to conceptualise, design, tech pack and work with factories to launch a full range of product through salesman samples on multiple categories.
- Developing concise market relevant product within the category in a fast turning, up to date and forward-thinking manner.
- Working to clearly understand the businesses needs to create saleable, commercial and exciting ranges alongside a challenging critical path.
- Full understanding and knowledge of market leading brands and background of processes they use to achieve the product offer.
- Presentation ability of ideas, concepts and designs from initial stage, through to market product launch.
- Clear and well communicated ability to draw and annotate garment tech packs.