Thought is an award-winning fashion business rapidly growing in strength and reputation through its innovative clothing designs from natural and sustainable materials. Our collections borrow from nature and the world around us. Both in the fabrics we use and our design inspiration. From seed to stitch, every unique piece has been carefully crafted. Always using sustainable, natural fabrics. And always designed so they're effortless to wear. Thought has a thriving Wholesale business with more than 1,200 stockists across UK and internationally and a rapidly growing ecommerce business dispatching globally.
The strength of the Thought brand has been created with the energy, commitment, talent and enthusiasm that our engaged and successful team deliver to the highest standards.
We are leading the charge in developing sustainable fashion, and we are looking for a game-changer to join us!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Artworker to join our Graphics team. This individual will have an understanding of how the fashion industry works and will enjoy working in a creative environment. Our new Junior Artworker will provide design support to enhance our team’s turn-around time for delivery of our key materials such as Line books, banners, emails and much more.
We are a small team, and we need someone who is happy to jump in as and where needed. You will need to be highly organised and flexible.
This is an entry-level position and ideal for a superstar who wishes to gain experience in a fun and creative team with the goal of progressing in the world of graphic design.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Assist our Designers with artworking of brochures, banners, website pages, reports, and presentations
- Supporting our Designer with the creation of social media graphic.
- Support the delivery of various group-wide initiatives and projects driven by the Marketing team.
- Manage and update in-house image library.
- General preparation of design and artwork files to a digital reprographic standard ready for print.
- Responsible for ongoing knowledge development of key design trends, tools and techniques.
- Assist with catalogue versioning, email and web artwork and proofing
- Support Senior Creative with photoshoots such as: steaming garments for in-season shoots, samples coordination, retouching ecommerce images, gifting, Thought living and close ups
- Assist with Wholesale image requirements eg seasonal updates
- Create and update seasonal visual assets document
- Work alongside current Graphic Designers, supporting them in their roles and ensuring all artwork produced meets expectations
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Creative with an innovative approach and able to proactively contribute ideas
- Strong proficiency in whole Adobe Creative Suite including; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects and PremierePro and Microsoft Office
- Strong teamwork.
- An understanding and familiarity with UX design would be a bonus.
- 2 years’ graphic design experience acquired in-house would be advantageous
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in graphic design, motion graphics or digital design
- Experience in image manipulation
- Demonstrable graphic design skills and experience across both print and digital, especially in areas of catalogues, brochures, direct mail, email templates and advertising design
- Experience in brand-led collateral design
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Versatile with ‘can-do’ attitude – able to work and deliver projects to challenging deadlines
- Strong eye for detail
- Natural collaborator and can work within multidisciplinary teams
- Photography/videography and editing, preferable
- An interest in sustainable fashion production and eco fabrications.