Our Client, is a highly successful company supplying exclusively designed, bespoke and contemporary uniforms, to luxury and premium brands worldwide.
They are looking for a Junior Menswear Designer to join the team reporting into the Senior Designer. The candidate needs a luxury, formal Menswear background but with the ability to work across both Menswear and Womenswear and design across multiple garment types. Experience required is from Luxury and RTW Brands as opposed to Supplier.
The candidate must have high-level computer presentation and design skills; experienced and quick at creating CADs with advanced knowledge required of InDesign and PhotoShop and Illustrator.
The role is a 3 month FTC.
- A 3 month FTC position, 5 days a week.
- You will work from the Waterloo studio so must live within commutable distance.
- Reporting into the Senior Designer and providing support across all design aspects particularly in CAD and Illustrator.
- A multi-product junior designer, working across a wide range of fabric basis with a strong knowledge of tailoring.
- You will have a good sense of colour, print and graphics.
- You will have the ability to work from spreadsheets and translate information given to you in numbers and descriptions into a uniform range that would work across multiple areas of a hotel.
- To support the Senior Designer in the creation of design concepts including research and the producing of visual mood boards for presentation to the client. Translate the client brief quickly and get the concept right first time.
- To support the Senior Designer in designing the uniform range for the staff to wear in each area of the hotel.
- To support the Senior Designer in the responsibility for all fabric sourcing and will be expected to present fabric and trim options for each design along with fabric/trim prices, minimum quantities and technical information.
- Work closely with the Pattern Cutter, Assistant Designers, Commercial and Product Development teams, as well as the CEO and COO to achieve objectives set.
- Supporting the Senior Designer to meet key dates and ensuring design is all completed to critical path.
- A Junior Designer with menswear, Savile row, formal tailoring and excellent knowledge of tailoring fabrics. Someone who has a background and who has trained in Menswear tailoring Design.
- This person has to confidently understand the routes and reasons behind tailoring which is all linked to the past to be able to confidently design something with real authenticity for today.
- Strong at putting together visual presentations (decks). Very strong on Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Strong visual/concept researcher. Able to get to the core of a client’s DNA and values and can research garments that have synergy with this
- Highly adept and fast at garment CADs on Adobe Illustrator
- Able to design simple prints and can edit existing print files
- Candidates must be trend aware with a strong understanding of fashion and lifestyle and quick access to trend resources.
- Experience of designing commercially and understanding cost.
- Detailed knowledge of fabrics, garment construction and production methods.
- Highly organised with great time management skills.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Happy to take direction and be part of a busy team.