Junior Designer – Accessories and Print
Salary £18,000 – £22,000 Depending on Experience
Exciting time to join this ‘small but perfectly formed’ business supplying fashion accessories and gifts to the UK high street. Looking for a Junior Designer to source, develop and design across a range of accessories, printed scarves and gifts.
This role requires someone with some experience in commercial print design as printed scarves are a key product in this business. Some experience in knitwear or knitted accessories would also be extremely beneficial.
This role is hands on and customer facing. The products you will work on vary depending on the customer’s needs at the time, so I am looking for someone who is flexible and happy to embrace whatever brief they are given.
Junior Designer – Accessories and Print: The Role
- You will be designing across accessories, gifts and homeware for men and women.
- Working with a number of exciting retail and mail order fashion businesses.
- This position is very customer facing and you will be managing a number of your own clients.
- A big part of this role is interpreting trends and range building, liaising closely with your customers.
- Communicate with factories – discussing sampling requirements.
- Dealing with issues arising with sampling and designs.
- Working to critical path and managing samples as required.
- Supporting in sample preparation for selection meetings.
- Working in a small but supportive working environment in a close knit team.
Junior Designer – Accessories and Print: The Person:
- An ability to design commercial prints is essential
- Some knowledge and/or experience in knit design is also very beneficial.
- Illustrator and Photoshop competency is a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with tight deadlines.
- Experience in import / supply chain industry would be a big bonus.
- Time management skills in order to prioritise workload.
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisation skills are essential.
- Confident Communicator.
- Team Player with polite and friendly disposition.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference number: 11754/KK
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.