We are looking for a Junior Garment Technologist for an established menswear supplier with own manufacturing and 3rd party resource, to work on multi apparel and a varied customer base.
Junior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Part of a busy team including two senior garment technologists. To attend regular meetings with sales, design & product development and customers to understand development needs and effectively put into work any new samples required.
- Attending fit sessions, taking notes and communicating comments to customers & factories.
- Handle all submissions and approvals, lap dips, test reports.
- Assist/produce clear and detailed technical specifications, and prepare technical packs for factories.
- Ensure all technical information is kept up to date, samples and production samples & any necessary revisions are made following sample reviews internally or by customers.
- Monitor samples through the development process using the critical path to ensure that they meet deadline dates, are to a high quality standard and meet all required specifications.
- Maintain office administration procedures and systems.
- Opportunity to travel.
Junior Garment Technologist - Candidate Requirements:
- Experience of 2-3 years within similar garment technical led role, ideally from within a supplier environment.
- Multi apparel menswear experience would be highly beneficial. Tailoring would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of garment construction, ensuring standards are matched to customer specification through liaison with factory, customer and colleagues
- Highly organised. Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage key deadlines.
- Self motivated, someone who thrives on responsibility.
- A problem solver who can work independently, and as part of the technical team with a good sense of humour!
- Dependent on experience level. Ability to travel UK/offshore as required, covering customer meetings and factory visits.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting reference 11695 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.