An exciting opportunity to a rapidly growing fashion brand as a Junior Garment Technologist.
Working alongside the Design & Buying teams to develop new and innovative products. You will be an important partner to the suppliers to ensure product is high quality and commercially standard, utilising your knowledge of fitting and garment construction as well as raw materials.
You need to be eager to learn, able to prioritise in a fast-paced environment, and consistently strive for improvements.
Junior Garment Technologist - The role
- Help organise and manage any sample requests from the supplier
- Work alongside the Senior Garment Technologist, Design and Buying departments to develop products, ensuring the quality standards meet the business expectations
- Inspect and measure garments for fit meetings
- Work closely with the Garment Technologist to create and update spec with comments and images from 1st fit stage to gold seal stage
- Assist in fit meetings with Technical, Design and Buying teams to ensure samples meet the correct design aesthetic from initial concept into reality
- Ensure fit comments are sent out in a timely manner so that delivery schedules are kept and key deadlines are met
- Manage customer feedback & monitor returns, following up with suppliers to identify necessary correcting actions
- Develop good working relationships with our vendor base
- Liaise across teams and with Vendors to resolve any queries
- Approve shipment samples and AQL reports
- You have a working knowledge of fitting, grading and garment construction
- You have a good understanding of yarns, fabrics, and testing procedures
- Knowledge of product testing and labelling, including wash care instructions
- You are able to fully understand customer needs and demands and commerciality
- You have fantastic interpersonal skills - you build and manage relationships with colleagues and vendors, relying on open and honest communication at all times
Junior Garment Technologist - The Requirements
- Experience working in a similar role
- Good knowledge of garment construction, pattern cutting & fittings
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, excel
- A creative thinker who loves trying new things and problem solving
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You can manage your time wisely and prioritise your work in a very fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- You enjoy working on a close-knit team but can also take initiative and work independently as needed
- You are motivated by challenge and want to grow your career at an innovative, forward-thinking company
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.