A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join a very successful and well-established business as a junior garment technologist.
The main purpose of this role will be to assist the Garment Technology team and will primarily involve things like measuring, updating the Critical path, carrying out wash tests, assisting with fit comments and other related admin.
• Assist in fit meetings, taking notes and or photos and setting up specs.
• Assist with measuring, documenting, and assessing samples from first fit to production.
• Assist Garment Technologist with fit comments in peak times to help mange tight deadlines.
• Keeping the production critical path up to date.
• Communicate with suppliers and factories on daily basis, respond to queries in a timely manner.
• Manage and support with fabric and garment testing and safety standards ensuring all products meet minimum requirements.
• Arrange product testing and carry out in house wash tests as required (keeping accurate records of findings).
• Call in test reports with suppliers and report back on findings in a timely manner
• Interpreting test reports and issue wash care information.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a sense of urgency and an understanding of the supply chain and working to critical path.
• Have an understanding of different fabrics and testing protocol and wash care issuing.
• Have an understanding of garment construction, fit evaluation, quality assurance, AQL Procedures.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a high level of numeracy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Packages particular Excel.
• Be a quick learner with a willingness to learn.
• Be solution based and have a commercial understanding
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious technically minded candidate who is keen to develop their career within a fast paced and forward thinking environment.