We are working on behalf of a well-established high street supplier of gifting who are looking for a Shipping Clerk to join their expanding team.
The successful Shipping Clerk will have and experience and understanding of:
- Handling documents relating to air and sea freights, updating the system and tracker accordingly
- Ensuring the information on the documents, including quantity and costings, match those given when the orders were placed by the merchandising team
- Liaising with freight forwarders to ensure containers are customs cleared in time for deliveries
- Documents including bills of lading and letters of credit
- Plan the payments of the goods and consequently invoice.
It is beneficial if the Shipping Clerk can demonstrate experience of developing systems that ensure documents are organised efficiently. Applicants for the Shipping Clerk should have experience within a similar role in industry and be computer literate.