Junior Print Designer- Home Textiles
From £18,000 DOE
Exciting opportunity for a Junior Print Designer with a drive and a passion to work in the wonderful world of home textiles! I looking for someone creative but also extremely commercial, so some industry experience is required. If you have done a sandwich year internship with a home textiles business, or perhaps are in your first role out of University but looking for a new opportunity – I want to hear from you.
I am ideally looking for candidates with experience in designing some aspects of bed linen be it prints, jacquard, dobby and/or embroidery. Some knowledge commercial printing processes would be ideal and also some understanding of development for digital, rotary and flatbed and also colour separation.
Only applications accompanied by a portfolio can be considered. If you are unable to attach your portfolio at the time of application please send separately via email to email@example.com
Junior Print Designer- Home Textiles – The Role:
- Designing exciting, trend led prints for a number of exciting UK home textile customers.
- Working in a small, UK based design team for a large international home textiles business.
- You will be working closely with the team to provide the most forward thinking and innovative new design concepts for home textiles.
- Carry out trend research and create exciting prints to be used for home bedding, and ideally also for kids bedding too.
- Travel overseas for inspirational trips and exhibitions to keep your finger on the pulse of latest trends and innovations.
Junior Print Designer- Home Textiles – The Candidate:
- Passionate about designing prints for home textiles/ bedding.
- Ideally looking for some experience of working within UK homeware market, ideally in bedding.
- You should be fully proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop with a good colour sense and eye for detail.
- An enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work fast and efficiently in a team environment.
- You should be trend driven with a keen eye for homewares as well as fashion!
- Drawing and hand painted skills are also advantageous for this role.
- You should have some experience in designing aspects of bed linen including prints, jacquard, dobby and/or embroidery.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote reference number:11764-KK
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.