Are you looking for something new, keen for an adventure, want to live an expat life and to travel to some amazing places? This could be the opportunity for you.
About the company:
Our client is a global fashion business with sourcing offices all over Asia.
Due to strong growth, they are seeking a creative and design focussed Product Developer to join their kidswear team in Dhaka (Bangladesh). The ideal candidate with come from design background keen to broaden their skillset into development.
Product Developer: The role:
- Research product and trim trends from catwalks, tradeshows and present throughout the season
- Work closely with the design team to select suppliers/factories for production
- To help source and develop trims, fabrics and new garment trends
- Work closely with suppliers to find new product opportunities and support product development projects
- Liaise with the UK team on sourcing, development and critical path
- Price negotiation with buyers and factories to achieve target margins
- Reviewing products margins/retail sell price, and where possible suggest alternative base/trims/suppliers/techniques to ensure improved results.
- Improving supplier strategies and sample lead time / prices by suggesting new factories and new ways of working
- Managing a local team of merchandisers by overseeing all development / delivery critical paths / progress is being actioned correctly and in the most efficient manner
- Work closely with merchandising and technical teams on sample production
- To be responsible for library of sample garments, fabrics and trims
- Hosting buyers for trips to Bangladesh and presenting Bangladesh's supplier base capabilities to increase orders
Product Developer: The person:
The ideal candidate:
- Will have experience in kidswear design and product development
- Will have experience in working in the UK market
- Will be highly organised and be able to prioritise and manage workload autonomously
- Will be a self starter and be keen to grow and develop in a growing and entrepreneurial environment
- Will have an eye for fashion and have excellent communication skills
Please apply in confidence.