Our client is a leading supplier of ladies fully fashioned knitwear to some of the UK's leading high street retailers and supermarkets. They are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Designer to join their ladies knitwear team.
Knitwear Designer - The Role:
- Through anticipation of market trends, develop creative and commercial products that demonstrate that they are at the forefront of product development and innovation. Work within departmental profitability guidelines.
- In conjunction with the senior design team, establish an innovative range based upon product range priorities, customer requirements and budget and departmental profitability guidelines.
- Execute and professionally compile comprehensive market research, including both comparative and trend/directional reports, in order to maximise all product opportunities and challenge the customer’s direction when necessary.
- Ensure the timely and accurate input of information to enable costing to be completed and engineered to meet departmental business requirements.
- Organise all prototypes and colour samples.
- In conjunction with the design team, ensure all concept garments are fit for purpose, suitable for manufacture and maximise all product opportunities.
- Present ranges to the customer and internally as required in a creative and informative manner.
- Produce up to date product range catalogues for both booked styles and all department ranges in order to aid competitor analysis and maximise product opportunities.
- Liaises on a regular basis with the off shore factories in Bangladesh and China.
Knitwear Designer - The Candidate:
- A high level communicator with internal teams, retail clients and off shore factories.
- Methodical with great attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of currents fashion trends.
- You will have at least 4-5 years of commercial knitwear industry experience and be familiar with working with off shore factories.
- You will have the ability to design in all gauges of knitwear with extensive yarn knowledge.
- Able to travel overseas as and when required.
Competitive salary dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.