Our client is a well established supplier of apparels to retailers all over UK and Europe.
They are now seeking an experienced knitwear designer on their womenswear team.
Knitwear womenswear designer:
- To design trend-led products in the true knits/knitwear category across multi product areas and across multiple accounts
- Be technically aware
- Feeding back to the rest of the team efficiently; to the merchandiser re: any issues with fit or where the spec has not been followed, to design assistants to give clear direction on research and trend info, and to account managers so to hand over any styles that the buyer has requested – being aware of price and delivery info.
- Show presentation and selling skills, back up ideas shown with good market information to give the customer confidence in what we are showing them is right.
- You will be working in a busy, fast paced environment.
Experienced Womenswear Knitwear Designer- The Candidate
- This position is looking for previous trend led womenswear design experience working within multi product areas within knitwear
- You will ideally have strong experience of working with factories in the far east(Bangladesh, India, etc), either in a retailer or within a supplier
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work under pressure.
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc
If you would like to join an edgy design led , forward thinking fashion business please apply in confidence with CV and portfolio.