This new Knitwear Design opportunity is looking to recruit someone who shares a passion for true knitwear.
Our client is an established supplier with a wide portfolio of UK retailers & brands. With on-site sampling facilities this is an ideal learning ground to see your designs develop from concept to sample!
Knitwear Designer - The Role
- You will identify and translate the ‘must have’ trends for fast fashion ladies knitwear
- Dependent upon experience level, liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fads and fast fashion in mind
- Progress chase development sampling
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Support the admin/update systems, style files for the department and Commercial Director as required
Knitwear Designer - The Candidate
- Ideal candidate will have completed Knitwear related Design degree (or similar), and have 2years+ womens knitwear design experience
- Good knowledge of yarns, knit gauges and structures..
- Highly creative and trend driven with a true connection to knitwear design.
- Excellent CAD skills (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Ability to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Good understanding of garment construction and knitwear manufacturing methods.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative and work as part of a team.
Examples of relevant knitwear design work are requested with application (max 5MB)
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 11689 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£ Dependent on experience
0115 922 3335