Required is an Assistant knitwear Designer, who is looking for the next step in their career or an experienced Knitwear Designer who is looking to join one of the most successful suppliers to the major high street retailers to be based in Southern Wales, to join its team to help bring the direction of the company forward.
They design and produce womenswear fashion supplying major high street stores.
We are looking for a full-time knitwear womenswear designer. You must have a keen commercial eye and be able to interpret current trends into designs.
You will need to be passionate, creative, fashion forward and confident in communicating ideas. You have an understanding of fashion industry and be a natural at trend research, colour trends and garment development.
Our client works within a very fast paced environment and the designer needs to be up to date, efficient and a strong understanding of our varied customers.
- Produce designs as well as create clear and accurate tech packs to produce ‘right first time’ samples
- Manage relationships with key suppliers
- Be trend aware, regularly review competitors
- Sound awareness of all ordered product
- Have an adaptable handwriting and experience of designing for the UK high street or a commercial brand
- Strong Photoshop and illustrator skills
- Garment tech knowledge
- Be a team player
- You will be highly creative, versatile, extremely organized and be able to prioritse projects efficiently
CV’s can only be accepted with examples of work (as requested by our client)
This role will be based in their Covid safe office
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted