This is a super exciting opportunity for a creative garment designer to join a successful online retailer of high spec, fashion-led licensed products. You will be launch the in house Design Department and work closely with an existing network of freelance talent. You should have experience across garment design and development, sourcing and selecting trim and fabrics fit for purpose and managing approvals and testing. Graphic design skills are and advantage as is a passion for all thing fantasy/comic.
Licensed Garment Designer - The role:
- Responsible for designing ranges of commercial and exciting licensed garments.
- Liaising with factories for product development, based in the Far East.
- Create accurate specification artwork and submit to factories.
- Maintain an awareness of current and forecasted fashion trends, films, games as well as new innovation in trims and fabrics.
- Presenting your trends and designs to the directors
- Respond and redevelop bestselling styles
- Ability to manage a team in house and remotely and build a team in time.
Licensed Garment Designer - The candidate:
- A proven background in a similar design role for with clothing is essential
- Able to identify latest trends with a creative eye to translate into commercial designs.
- Previous experience of character licence or comic book characters is required.
- Used to working in a fast paced design environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proficient CAD skills ideally both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to organise work load
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.