A global leader in the creative promotional merchandise area and one of the largest promotional product suppliers in the world require a Logistics Manager to join the team on a permanent basis
Summary of Position:
The role will involve management of logistical activities (mainly import and cross trade) for the consumer sector of their business.
Reporting to the Group Logistics Manager, you will be based in London supporting direct reports locally. You will also work closely with colleagues in other UK locations along with China and Hong Kong on freights rates and processes.
You’ll be responsible for advising the Buying and Sales teams on freight rates, market fluctuations, duty rates, quota, and export/import licence requirements. Previous experience of international shipping from Far East to Europe / Americas is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within international logistics, ideally surrounding imports from the Far East into Europe and Americas (including customs)
- Ability to “role up sleeves” and challenge standard operating procedures with the objective to continuously improve.
- Understanding of VAT Rules, import compliance and customs procedures within Europe.
- Ideal Candidate holding a relevant membership of CILT or similar would be preferred.
- Have a superb history in team management and stakeholder engagement.
- Proven track record of delivering successful change
- Commercially and financially astute
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Resilient able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptive, embraces change
- Team player, ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Problem solving skills
- Solid knowledge of MS business applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Job ref: RG-5001030
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.