Machine Learning Engineer - Data Science & AI
A large online retailer is going through an exciting period of transition and major investment. They are undertaking a number of strategic programmes to deliver the amazing technology and business solutions to their Buying, Merchandising, Finance, Supply Chain incl inventory and People functions. At the heart of these plans is the rebuilding of digital platforms and channels to provide the best experience to their customers. They are also improving our ways of working within Technology to enable autonomous platform development and improve engineering and agile practices.
Machine Learning Engineer
The business is looking to recruit Machine Learning Engineers to work with the wider Tech team on their innovative AI platform. You will work on a cohort of work steams examples of which include predictive modelling, forecasting, data mining for customer support, NLP, deep learning, causal discovery, augmentation, causal inference, reinforcement learning etc
The business houses large datasets – transactions and click-steams of millions of customers and product information (photos, videos, text descriptions) of hundreds of thousands of products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience solving tough problems with large datasets. You will be a highly intelligent self-starter, able to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- Building and improving internal and external facing data products as part of a cross-functional team
- Driving the implementation and scale-up of algorithms for measurable impact across the business
- Deploying batch/online machine learning models at the scale
- Creating the tools, frameworks and infrastructure that enables the acceleration of our ML products delivery and optimisation of our operations
- Taking an active part in our AI platform to establish ML Ops standards and drive quality across our estate
The ideal candidate
- Degree in STEM subjects or similar including Statistics
- Hands-on experience in implementing and deploying machine learning models at scale in Python, Scala, .NET or similar languages
- Comfortable working with at least one machine learning framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, scikit-learn, etc)
- Experience accessing and combining data from multiple sources and building data pipelines in a cloud environment–in particular large scale data computation technologies like Apache Spark
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles and engineering practices (Data pipelines, API workflows, CI/CD, containerisation) – specifically ML Ops principles, techniques and tooling
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively in a fast-paced environment alongside both scientists, engineers and non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of the retail, marketing, and/or ecommerce industry is a plus
What to expect?
There is a strong potential to step into a managerial role, as the team grows. In terms of compensation package, our client takes pride in beating the market, with fantastic benefits such as vouchers at your favourite restaurants, early finish on a Friday, free gym membership, cycle to work, flexible office/home balance, access to VIP lounge while travelling, pension, private healthcare, dental insurance, life assurance cover, heavy staff discounts on all shopping items, and the best chocolate muffins on Fridays!