For 40 years, the Company of Master Jewellers (CMJ) has been supporting independent retailers and has established itself as the largest buying group for watch and jewellery retailers in the UK and Ireland. We are looking for a strategic and visionary Managing Director to lead the business forward.
LOCATION: Head office – Rugby. National and occasionally international travel required
ROLE OBJECTIVE: Working closely with the Chairman and Board of Directors, you will have full responsibility for the strategic, commercial, operational and financial focus of the organisation
Key responsibilities of the role will be to develop and execute the company’s business strategies, overseeing the group’s financial, commercial and operational performance. You will also lead the CMJ head office team to maximise performance, as well as taking a leading role in the industry and acting as the ultimate public relations representative of the company to strengthen its profile within the trade.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience as a Managing Director, preferably in a related industry
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategy and business plans
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Wide industry knowledge
What we offer:
- Basic salary £95k/annum
- Penson contribution 10%
- £20k bonus scheme – KPI driven + benefits
To apply for the position, please email your CV and cover letter to Michael Aldridge, CMJ Chairman c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 26th January 2020.
For more information, visit masterjewellers.co.uk or call 01788 540250.
Please be aware, Karen Cobley is out of the office until 30th January.