We are the women of Sahara. We are unconstrained. Our adventurous spirit leads us beyond the High Street to destinations lesser known. For clothes that mean more. That add to the story of our lives. We are unique. Try and pin us down, it doesn’t work. Label us and it won’t stick. We believe that demographics divide, age is just a state of mind and body type is what each one of us sees in the mirror. We are leaders. Visionaries in our own right. Creative, passionate - and only ever underestimated once.
Sahara - A family-run business that has been creating collections for the free-spirited, independent woman for the past four decades.
Overview of the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a super organised and creative all-rounder to assist the Marketing Team at our Primrose Hill Head Office on a full-time, in-house basis. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the fashion or design space with social media experience.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Online teams to execute the marketing strategy across the retail and wholesale business.
- Help to implement marketing initiatives including store events, activations, and opportunities for brand elevation.
- Assistance with campaign planning
- Competitor and market research
- Researching PR/Marketing calendar opportunities throughout the year
- PR Assistance: Press releases, distribution and follow up.
- Brand partnerships – Identifying brands for partnerships and collaborative opportunities.
- Research and identify relevant influencers/brand ambassadors for outreach.
- Assistance with Journal ideas and concepts
- Supporting the Creative team on shoot planning and styling including attending shoots where needed as a back up to the lead stylist. Contributing ideas for mood boards and styling concepts.
- Helping to prep rails ahead of weekly e-com shoots, assisting Stylist on shoot days and helping with post-shoot image management.
- Devise creative and engaging concepts to share across social media platforms. Inclusion of reels, polls – opportunities for followers to engage with content.
- Compiling the social calendar and scheduling.
- Community management – Monitoring and responding to feedback, comments and posts.
- Basic post-production skills with raw images.
- Engagement with on-brand influencers and followers. Nurturing relationships and encouraging conversation.
Experience, skills and knowledge:
- Prior experience working for an independent womenswear fashion or design brand.
- Ability to understand the brand demographic and brand direction.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written.
- Strong creative skills with proven knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, experience in video editing is a bonus.
- Proactive, positive disposition, eager to take initiative.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically and analytically.
- Exceptionally organized
- Experience with social media
- Keen interest in fashion in addition to other areas such as the arts, photography, film etc.
- a relaxed, non corporate working environment
- a great community of creative, passionately minded people
- a strong likelihood of making friends for life (the majority of our employees have!)
- a competitive salary
- a generous holiday allowance
- discretionary annual bonus
- access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox
- a generous staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee and Prosecco every Friday afternoon
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspirational, creative teams. We spend a lot of time at work, so we know how important it is to enjoy your working day and we do so in beautiful offices with an abundance of natural light. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we are passionate and hard-working and enjoy socialising both in and out of the office and we are always looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our fun and creative journey.