A sporty kidswear brand in Oxford Street is seeking a Marketplace Manager to join their team. The role will involve working with third party marketplaces incl Amazon and Zalando as well as with .com D2C
Marketplace Manager: The Role
Manage Marketplace sales channels (Amazon, Zalando) in addition to in-house ecom trading
- Managing Marketplace P&L
- Working alongside Digital and Ecommerce director to develop and enact Marketplace growth strategy
- Exploring, analysing and developing further Marketplace providers should they present strong ROI and commercial performance opportunities
- Working alongside the .com D2C ecommerce business to ensure promotions are aligned and cohesive and customer messaging is consistent across the brand
- Working cross functionally with supply chain team to ensure there is enough stock to fulfil orders through marketplace sales
- Enact daily tactical changes on site to optimise trading performance
Marketplace Manager: The Candidate
- Have experience of working with Amazon and Zalando marketplaces. Experience with other marketplaces is beneficial but not necessary
- Have experience of trading and growing marketplace capability
- Be a self-starter, you will be the sole Marketplace specialist and dedicated colleague in the business, so will have to be able to self-motivate
- Be very data-driven and have superb analytical skills to enact tactical changes based on customer behaviour analysis to improve commercial return
- Have strong stakeholder management skills
- Have strong communication and presentation skills
- Understand the online sales ecosystem and how marketplace and D2C should sit side by side and complement one another.
The role will suit someone who is entrepreneurial and loves a challenge. The successful Marketplace Manager will be working for a very innovative digital first business who are constantly looking to challenge the status quo and gain competitive advantage. You will be able to have full autonomy of the Marketplace capability and tell the story of success as you grow commercial performance and this sales channel.
If this sounds like you, please apply in confidence!