We are looking for a creative individual who is as passionate about the sport and streetwear world as our client, who are looking for a Menswear Designer Working for FILA's dedicated SMU lines, Inline collections, and Special Projects to be based in thier Watford office.
As Menswear Designer you must be passionate about design and be enthusiastic with an edgy urban handwriting reflected in your portfolio.
This a unique opportunity for a Menswear Designer to work on a different variety of projects and bespoke collections working closely with the senior team. An excellent eye for detail and colour is essential, together with knowledge of the current sport and streetwear market.
Only UK applicants considered. No visa sponsorship now or in future.
As Menswear Designer you will be:
- Researching trends and key items seasonally
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours and fabrics based on the seasonal brief.
- Initiate original design sketches/technical specs for all the styles following the seasonal brief.
- Research and maintain knowledge of relevant menswear and sportswear trends and history to advise on silhouettes, finishes and suitability of fabrics etc.
- Putting together mood and trend boards
- Working closely with the Sales Team and the Head of Design to range build seasonally and helping on the daily workload wherever needed.
- Keep up to date records of all design and development for each style, fabrication details and print.
- Put together spec sheets and technical packs for the designs.
- To follow range plans and critical paths and ensure that all deadlines are respected and strictly adhered to.
- Attending fit session and implement changes into specs and tech packs. Communicate the changes to the relevant suppliers.
- Being responsible for the delivery of the development samples within given timeline and for their organisation and storage within the office space
- Responsible for the content creation of seasonal catalogues
- Travel to different location when needed for meeting with clients, brands owner, collaborators.
Ideal Candidate / Experience and Skills Required:
- You will ideally have at least 2-3 years’ experience in Apparel Design role in the streetwear/activewear & sportswear industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft packages.
- Experience in research and initial board ideas, through to design development and creation of technical diagrams.
- Knowledge of trends and researching trends within relevant market
- Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed specifications, both freehand and using design programmes.
- Excellent planning, prioritising, and organisational skills to ensure key deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of garment and fabric construction, with a good understanding of pattern cutting.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent communication skills.
- A broad interest across various cultural themes, with an interest in fashion, music, and the arts.