This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced menswear designer to work for one of the UK fastest growing lifestyle brands and to make their mark on future collections. If you share a passion for designing great product influenced by incredible outdoor surroundings, this position could be for you.
This is a 12 month initial contract to cover maternity leave.
Menswear Designer – The Job Opportunity:
Responsible for the design and development of the menswear range of clothing and accessories that will involve:
• Managing the critical path to ensure that design and sampling deadlines are met
• Working closely with the Head of Design and Director to plan the creative and print direction of the brand
• Responsible for designing a multi category menswear collection, requiring ‘hands on’ design skills,
• Working with and briefing the in house print/ graphic designers for menswear apparel and accessories.
• Trend and competitor research including tradeshow visits and comp shops
• Range planning and presentation of ranges for sign off
• Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers including overseas travel for fabric and sample development
• Completing detailed tech packs
• Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers including price range reviews
• Commenting on samples from first proto through to photo sample including fit reviews
• Working with the marketing on the seasonal catalogue and photoshoot
Menswear Designer – The Person Specification:
• Previous experience at designer level (min 5 years), within menswear (supplier, brand or retailer).
• Ideal applicant will have design experience within the leisure, lifestyle, or outdoor apparel market (Fat Face, White Stuff, Animal, Joules, Weirdfish or similar)
• Enthusiastic, creative individual who shares the brand values, ability to translate trends, and inspires those around them
• Well organised, to manage the critical path process from concept to sampling
• Confident presentation skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication. A great team player!
• Must be able to travel UK and abroad as required
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
£Dependent Upon Experience
0115 922 3335