This is an opportunity for a Menswear Garment Technologist to join an established technical team. Ideally you will have at least 3 years + experience working for a brand across multi-product menswear including outerwear.
As Garment Technologist you will be advising key measurement and construction details to design/development packs to ensure the smooth production of menswear samples. Your duties will include the following:-
- Measuring and fitting all samples during the development process in collaboration with designer and product developer
- Updating product packages with comprehensive fit comments and sample feedback, providing technical instructions to the supply base.
- Inputting to the critical path from proto sample to bulk production.
- Fitting and approval of bulk sealing samples.
- Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving wash care instructions
- Liaising with suppliers and factories in Asia and Europe during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved.
With all this in mind you must have Strong technical knowledge of garments fitting, grading and construction, great communication skills and knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results