Our Client a leading Heritage niche brand is currently looking for a Menswear Technologist to join their team. The position is reporting into the Head of Technology and is a great opportunity to develop within a brand environment.
Key responsibilities include;
• Advising key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of prototype samples
• Measuring and fitting all samples during the development process in collaboration with designer and product developer
• Updating product packages with comprehensive fit comments and sample feedback, providing technical instructions to the supply base.
• Inputting to the critical path from proto sample to bulk production in conjunction with the product development and production planning team
• Assessment and approval of all bulk fabric, prints and trims
• Fitting and approval of bulk sealing samples, preparing graded size charts for production
• Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving washcare instructions
• Liaising with suppliers and factories during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved
• Assessing production/shipment samples meet all fit, quality, labeling and packaging requirements. Assessing final AQL inspection reports, liaising with the production department to facilitate the maintenance of required ex-factory dates
• Liaising with retails and distribution partners to gain product feedback, assessing garment returns to improve future product development
Skills and experience required;
This is a great role for an experienced garment technologist , who wishes to broaden their technical knowledge within a brand environment.
• Strong Technical knowledge of garments fitting, grading and construction
• The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources, both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results
• Ability to work in structured and timely manner under pressure within a team environment.
• Motivated to improve the product at every stage and strive for the highest achievable quality
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. (Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator would be useful)
Up to £35k
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY, CONTACT
Due to the number of applicants we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Please don't be deterred from applying to any of our vacancies in the future.