Our Client a leading Heritage niche brand is currently looking for a Menswear Technologist to join their team. The position is reporting into the Head of Technology and is a great opportunity to develop within a brand environment.
Key responsibilities include;
• Advising key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of prototype samples
• Measuring and fitting all samples during the development process in collaboration with designer and product developer
• Updating product packages with comprehensive fit comments and sample feedback, providing technical instructions to the supply base.
• Inputting to the critical path from proto sample to bulk production in conjunction with the product development and production planning team
• Assessment and approval of all bulk fabric, prints and trims
• Fitting and approval of bulk sealing samples, preparing graded size charts for production
• Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving washcare instructions
• Liaising with suppliers and factories during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved
• Assessing production/shipment samples meet all fit, quality, labeling and packaging requirements. Assessing final AQL inspection reports, liaising with the production department to facilitate the maintenance of required ex-factory dates
• Liaising with retails and distribution partners to gain product feedback, assessing garment returns to improve future product development
Skills and experience required;
This is a great role for an experienced garment technologist , who wishes to broaden their technical knowledge within a brand environment.
• Strong Technical knowledge of garments fitting, grading and construction
• The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources, both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results
• Ability to work in structured and timely manner under pressure within a team environment.
• Motivated to improve the product at every stage and strive for the highest achievable quality
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. (Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator would be useful)