We are delighted to be supporting our client who is looking for a Merchandiser to join their team. They are the UK’s bestselling organic clothing brand. The company is over 15 years old and continues to grow at 25% every year.
With a strong background in Merchandise Planning, preferably within a clothing/apparel business, with both wholesale and direct to consumer experience, you’ll be highly experienced in analysing sales, option planning and managing stock movements to maximise potential sales. You’ll be brilliant at analysing large quantities of data and be able to share the deep insights you have gained with the team to identify opportunities and potentialize our sales. You’ll be highly computer literate and a real whizz with MS Excel. A super organised individual with excellent time management skills, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
Your Role in a Nutshell
You will be responsible for collating relevant data and analysing the information to advise the business on range planning, forecasting and buys and our trade partners, new markets and ecommerce on potentializing sales, budget and stock optimisation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build a range proposal through analysis of current and historical data.
- Have an understanding of future trends, business direction and promotional activities to propose growth opportunities.
- Analyse trading through the season against budget, identifying areas of opportunity or de-risk where necessary.
- Able to communicate clearly, work through multiple options and build evidence to justify proposals.
- Draw together analysis and data from trade and direct to consumer sales to produce a core option plan
- Create accurate forecast requirements for short and long term.
- Review buys by customer to ensure that budgets and sales targets are met.
- Monitor and optimise our stocks.
- Manage, develop and lead an assistant to meet business and individual objective
- You’ll have extensive experience in a similar role (at least 5 years) providing strong merchandise planning for a clothing/apparel business, preferably with both wholesale and direct to consumer experience.
- Highly experienced in MS Excel with solid knowledge of advanced functions and the ability to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data.
- The ability to analyse data to gain deep insights and make key recommendations and proposals appropriate to business needs.
- Proven experience in building option plans and able to demonstrate the success of future projections.
- Knowledge of databases and report building.
- Preferably experienced in a similar merchandise focused role.
- Proven experience supervising or managing a team.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the apparel industry would be highly beneficial.
This is a full time, permanent position. The successful person will ideally be based in Cornwall, but we can consider remote working, with frequent visits to the Cornwall HQ, for the right candidate
For more information, please contact Jodie Howell.
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted