Recruiting for an experienced and motivated Merchandiser to join a renowned British fashion label based in their Central London offices, this role also offers hybrid working and a great benefits package!
With the support of the Merchandising & Trading Manager, the Merchandiser will be responsible for managing the day-to-day running of the Full Price Merchandising team.
You will oversee all collections under remit and ensure significant decisions are reviewed and signed off. The Merchandiser will trade the product to its best potential from budgeting and range review to clearance, ensuring the critical path is maintained.
Merchandiser – The Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the Full Price team ensuring all deadlines are met and the critical path is followed.
- Using knowledge of both internal and external trends and factors ensure all financial targets and objectives are understood and met, including sales, margin, and stock.
- Review and manage stock and financials on a rolling basis and flag or action any concerns immediately and in weekly trade.
- Alongside the Merchandising & Trading Manager, prepare a budget plan for the seasonal buys and see the buy process all the way through to quantifying, size scaling, and preparing and presenting the post buy review.
- Manage the seasonal OTB, proposing reorders to maximise on sales opportunity and Sell Through (ST) % in season.
- Liaise with Production and the Warehouse on deliveries to ensure the right amount of stock within the business and keep out of stocks to a minimum.
- Regularly review store replenishment levels to ensure shops are supported with the right stock levels to achieve sales and cover delivery lead times, increasing, and decreasing levels at key points in the year.
- Identify and action regular stock movements and consolidations to ensure that stock is in the right place at the right time, improving full price ST%.
- Ensure end of season sale runs smoothly and stock is effectively liquidated whilst maintaining margin, through closely managing distribution of stock ahead of sale and advising on suggested discount levels.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders – Buying, Production, Retail Ops, Ecommerce, Warehouse & Distribution, Visual Merchandising, Press & Marketing.
- Have regular communication with Shop Managers to understand local needs and feedback.
- Ensure all relevant reporting is run and kept up to date, training junior team members on how to run reports.
- Ensure stock is sat within its correct inventories and work with your Outlet counterparts to allow for a smooth transition.
- Motivate, manage, and develop staff effectively, ensuring appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and all staff development and HR related issues are covered.
Merchandiser – The Person
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in merchandising and be operating at an Assistant Manager level.
- Experienced in forecasting & managing OTB
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Great interpersonal skills
- Have a good understanding of working to critical dates and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity offering great benefits and hybrid working. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.