- Location:Notting Hill Village, London (W11)
- Position type:Permanent
- Hours / Duration:Full-time, Permanent
Accessorize is an exciting and ethical fashion brand. Our story began with one man and his vision that started on a hippy commune in Ibiza, 1970, and finished with an overland trip east, through Afghanistan and India. Now found in West London, we’re creating vibrant products, and sharing endless discovery. We are built on a way of working that we are really proud of, where values and ethics go hand in hand.
We are looking for a passionate Merchandiser to join our Accessorize Merchandising team to deliver great product to the customers.
What will you do as a Merchandiser?
- Understand the customers needs by channel and uses this information to make considered commercial decisions that positively impacts the profitability of the department & minimises markdown.
- Develop and recommends department strategy, working closely with the Buyer/Designer to maximise profit.
- Formulates and proposes planning parameters for their product areas by analysing past, current, future and proposed season ranges and producing analysis to support them.
- Manage and controls the Critical Path for each phase with their Buyer, to ensure deadlines are met and potential problems identified at line and product group level, clearly communicating to management, if any, impact on launch position.
- Ensure the development process is continuous and that they optimise the use of trials & stock buys.
- Work closely with the Buyer, Designer and Technologist to agree the balance of the range, ensuring it is representative of the fashion trends, capture volume drivers and commercial to Accessorize Merchandising.
- Actively trade the department whilst continually reviewing changes in performance and taking appropriate actions to minimise impact and maximise profit.
- In trading meetings, update all clearly and concisely on sales and profit drivers, agreeing forward trading decisions.
- Constantly review performance to identify and subsequently potentialise any emerging trends to avoid missed opportunities whilst reducing risk to maximise profit.
- Manage KPI’s to maximise the net achieved margin.
- Regularly review KPI’s ensuring that the BTA is realistic, highlighting changes to their Line Manager and Buyer, making recommendations where necessary.
- Ensure regular communication with Retail ops, Brand Merchandising, stores visits, Site Ops & Marketing to monitor performance of stock and identify opportunities.
- Monitor and analyse returns to identify any risks to profit.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- A proven track record in women’s accessories or garments’
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify key market products trends and emerging opportunities in line with customer profile
- Experience of managing a team, overseeing product direction, and managing sign offs and working cross functionally
- Proven experience managing and developing a team
- Experience working directly with senior leadership, possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships across the business
- Able to stay calm under pressure and motivate the team through challenging periods of change
- Show innovation by challenging existing processes and practices to drive the business forward
What will we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary with the option to participate in the Company bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Bonus day off each year after 6 months service
- A pension that you will automatically be enrolled in after 3 months
- Access to Private Healthcare and Life assurance (subject to participating in the pension scheme)
- A flexible working approach
- Early pay day Friday finish
- A generous staff discount with up to 50% discount on our products
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym membership at our on campus gym
- Additional discounts such as Westfield discount, Taste card membership etc
If this all sounds great and you feel you are who we are looking for, let us know and apply today.
At Monsoon Accessorize we don’t focus only on what we do, we also care about how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to be their authentic self at work so that they can thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will also consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request discuss any specific requirements.