Our story began with one man and his vision; to bring vibrant, colourful, hand-crafted artisan clothes from faraway places to the markets of London. It is a journey that started on a hippy commune in Ibiza,1970, and finished with an overland trip east, through Afghanistan and India. Now found in West London, we’re creating vibrant products and sharing endless discovery.
We’re looking for a Merchandiser to join our Children's Merchandising team. We are looking for individuals passionate about Childrenswear and delivering great product to the customer.
What will you do as a Merchandiser?
- Understand the customer’s needs by channel and use this information to make considered commercial decisions that positively impact the profitability of the department.
- Develop and recommend department strategy, working closely with the Buyer and Designer.
- Formulate and propose planning parameters for future seasons by analysing past and current ranges and producing analysis to support them.
- Manage and control the Critical Path with your Buyer to ensure deadlines are met, stock position is optimised, potential problems identified, clearly communicating to management any risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with the Buyer and Designer to agree the balance of the range, ensuring it is representative of trends, captures volume drivers and is commercial.
- Actively trade the department whilst continually reviewing changes in performance, reforecasting, and taking appropriate actions to minimise impact and maximise profit.
- Manage KPI’s to maximise the net achieved margin.
- Ensure regular communication across the business with the ecommerce, retail, marketing, and channel merchandising teams.
What you will need to succeed as a Merchandiser?
- A proven track record in Merchandising within a fashion retailer managing several departments.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify key market product trends and emerging opportunities in line with the customer profile.
- Experience of managing and developing a team, overseeing product direction, managing sign offs and working cross functionally.
- Experience working directly with senior leadership, possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships across the business.
- Able to stay calm under pressure and motivate the team through challenging periods of change.
- Show innovation by challenging existing processes and practices to drive the business forward.
What will we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus day off each year after 6 months service
- A pension that you will automatically be enrolled in after 3 months
- Life assurance (subject to participating in the pension scheme)
- A flexible working approach
- Early pay day Friday finish
- A generous staff discount with up to 50% discount on our products
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym membership at our on-campus gym
- Additional discounts such as Westfield discount, Taste card membership etc
If this all sounds great and you feel you are who we are looking for, let us know and apply today.
At Monsoon Accessorize we don’t focus only on what we do, we also care about how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will also consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request discuss any specific requirements.