Our client is an established, hugely successful and continually growing fashion business who sells to global, multi-channel markets covering Men’s, Women’s & Kids. They have an extensive portfolio of premium brands.
Due to continued growth, we are now helping them in their search for a Merchandising Manager to join the team.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Due to recent and future growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual wishing to join a busy and expanding Merchandising team in London.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports into the Planning and Merchandising Director and works in conjunction with the Head of Merchandising
- Provides direction and oversees the management of the core merchandising and D to C part of the business from a merchandising perspective.
- Closely manages the workload and priorities of the Merchandisers looking after these key parts of the merchandising business.
- Takes a strategic view and is involved in overall financial budget planning, then managing the delivery of these budgets with their direct reports.
- Manage the Critical Path on a daily/weekly/seasonal basis, ensuring key dates are met.
- Partner with the Creative Directors and Buying Team on a day to day basis ensure the critical path is adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Oversee Range Planning by brand, category, pricing and ensure timely delivery to design and buying.
- Working with buying to review supplier performance and providing production forecast for capacity planning.
- Oversee buy quantities by brand, category, style and working with buying to ensure all orders are placed – tracking margins and delivery dates.
- Setting retail and wholesale prices and margin targets for new season ranges.
- Using the WSSI to track sales and stock and repeating/reducing buys where necessary.
- Planning and trading retail stores and websites – setting initial allocation quantities and replenishment parameters and working closely with the Head of Retail to deliver targets.
- Reviewing sales ratios and ensuring stock is bought to the most accurate ratio.
- Continuous development of team through 1:1s, objectives setting etc
- Best practice approach to merchandising processes. Build on current processes to continue to evolve and improve. Roll out improvements and bed these in with the team.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong commercial skills and understanding of the customer.
- Efficient and organised in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Systems knowledge (SAP) preferable.
- The role requires a self-motivated team player with a flexible approach
- Significant experience as a Senior Merchandiser for a key retailer.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with ability to work independently and as a key part the management team within merchandising.
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external business partners across.
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Quick Learner
This is an amazing opportunity to grow within a brilliant business