We are looking for an experienced Nightwear Designer with a trend led handwriting to create a range of coordinating loungewear and nightwear garments. Working for an established supply business to the UK high street, you will be a creative Designer with a strong eye for colour, print and trend direction.
This position is covering womens and children’s nightwear and we are looking for a Designer who is comfortable designing across garment and print/graphics.
Nightwear Designer – The Role:
- To design both garment and print/graphics across womens and children’s nightwear.
- You will have proven ability to identify fashion trends and interpret these into commercial products.
- You must be able to product manage your range from initial concept through to manufacture, sourcing suitable base fabrics, trims and accessories.
- You will be working closely with technical and factories on fit.
- Attending and leading presentations of your ideas.
- Designing graphics for labels, packaging and garments themselves.
- Ideally you will be used to working in a fast paced design environment and taking responsibility for driving product forward.
- Carry out trend research and catwalk analysis; use sales knowledge to influence designs and produce exciting new ranges that are commercially viable.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Buyers and presenting to customers on a regular basis.
- Working across numerous high street accounts.
Nightwear Designer – The Candidate:
- A minimum of 2-3 yrs. experience designing nightwear for the UK high street market.
- Experience in designing womens or childrenswear products – ideally both.
- Confident CAD skills are essential. Hand drawn skills would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of global sourcing and suitable fabrics, working with overseas manufacturers/suppliers is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and well organised.
- Looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and creative individual.
- You must also be an effective communicator & confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- You will also need to have polished presentation skills.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
email@example.com . Please quote reference 11696 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.