SikSilk are a British born, multi-site, Scarborough based, rapidly expanding global fashion brand who draw inspiration from top athletes around the world. We are looking to recruit an Outwear Designer reporting to the Head of Design to join our design team. This is a very exciting opportunity for a commercially minded Outerwear Designer to join a well established and rapidly growing Athleisure brand based at our head office in Scarborough. Working closely with the in-house design team and our supply network.
The role and responsibilities of an Outerwear Designer:
- You will design commercial trend inspired seasonal outerwear collections
- Researching and identifying latest key trends and streetwear influences to inspire and develop new ranges, and drive forward existing product lines.
- You will be working in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Excellent progression opportunities.
- Planning and developing ranges.
- Follow designs from concept through to each stage of production
- Select materials and production techniques to be used
Essential Skills of an Outerwear Designer:
- This position is looking for solid experience within outerwear/jackets. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years’ branded experience.
- Must have experience of designing across multi product.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adaptable to change and able to work closely with your colleagues and external teams to present your idea's, requiring a confident, 'can do' attitude to your work.
- Have experience of working closely with overseas factories.
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- Happy to travel regularly to overseas factories building relationships and a greater understanding of the brands DNA.
- Able to visually demonstrate your current work and technical knowledge of the role.
- Full UK driving license essential
- Applications will only be accepted with portfolios
The role of Outerwear Designer is a full-time permanent role, with a competitive package subject to experience.