Job Title: Product Developer
Brand/Department: Active Division Endura Ltd
The Endura brand, established in 1993, has been synonymous with inventive, bulletproof kit that relishes the stresses that any kind of biking subjects it to. From Mountain to Road, Urban Commute to Triathlon they are #AllTribesOneClan, with a philosophy of Renegade Progress which defies convention and embraces the radical to create game-changing products.
From the first protos made on a kitchen table in Edinburgh, Endura has evolved into an admired global brand with a rack of game-changing and award-winning products.
Endura supports an impressive roster of world class athletes including Movistar Team, trials sensation Danny MacAskill and downhill siblings the Athertons of Trek Factory Racing.
Building a family of brands for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s loved footwear and active brands. Our brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything we do.
Our owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. And we’re also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures, Ted Baker footwear and Kickers in the UK.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. We have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK and Europe. Our global HQ is in the UK and we employ over 1,800 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
Key Purpose of Job:
To support on-time development of products (hard or soft goods) using product engineering from concept stage ensuring consumer relevance, optimal cost, quality assurance, reliability, regulatory compliance, safety and speed-to-market.
- Support product manufacture feasibility and product/cost engineering and breakdown analysis to deliver cost management/validation to margin requirements for assigned products
- Creation and translation of all development documentation ensuring clarity and understanding throughout the supply chain ensuring key calendar milestones are achieved.
- Driving the delivery of products along Critical Path to hit Development Calendar
- Interface with Asia team counterparts to support development process and prototype approval, empowering ‘close to source’ responsibilities
- Creation of product specifications, testing, prototype assessments and sealed samples
- Maintain an awareness of specific market intelligence and innovation, optimising advances in new technology and upholding Brand standards
- Ensure Insight and customer needs are at the center of development decision making and Product engineering
- Collaborate with category product team to understand and accomplish seasonal product concepts. Participate in fit sessions and product review with product team regarding assigned products, instruct amendments to vendors to ensure prototypes accurately reflect construction specifications.
- Integration of Quality and CI feedback loops – Risk assessment to ensure early identification and input on product construction, testing, regulatory and safety compliance, manufacturing capability and efficiencies.
- Ad Hoc projects researching particular innovations or sustainable materials and processes within our business or product offer
- Maintain close relationships with wider product design and product assurance teams and innovation lab, ensuring that communication is maintained on all aspects of development.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Vendors and global colleagues.
Needs to have
- Product Development experience
- A strong understanding and empathy with the end user.
- Good computer skills including Word, Power Point, Excel and E mail.
- Ability to think creatively with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and multi task.
Needs to be
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate to a wide and diverse audience.
- Competent on Illustrator or equivalent as well as more general office skills of Word, Excel
- Strong team player, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to identify, work with & influence key stakeholders.
- Passionate about our products, Development and company success.
Measures of success
- Margin KPI’s.
- Development Team performance against the Brand Strategy.
- Progress against Personal Development Objectives.
This job description should be used as a guide; you may be asked to carry out other relevant duties in support of the overall role purpose.