Our client, a leading lifestyle sportswear brand house, is looking for an Apparel Product Developer with at least three to four years’ experience to work within a friendly, enthusiastic and excelling apparel Design and Development team.
You will be working across categories of Men’s and Women’s from initial concept through to bulk samples on the Global Inline collections.
You will be responsible for ensuring the product is produced to the desired quality and pricing, whilst coordinating raw materials/trims where necessary, and production in a timely manner.
- Measure & prepare samples for fit meetings and take notes.
- Ensure all previous fit comments are brought to the fit meetings either printed or on the Laptops.
- Attending fit sessions with Garment Technologist for inline collections and SMU’s
- Add notes & measurements onto workbook after fit meetings for Garment technologist to check before sending to factory.
- Critical path management from order through to finished product
- Working on both Inline collections and Special Make Ups.
- Day to day factory liaison.
- Responsible for Handover for Production.
- Ensuring all Fabric Qualities, Fabric Colours, Embroideries, Prints, Trims & Labelling /Packaging is all correct before production commences.
- Sending out PP/shipment samples to the buyers for approval or reference for SMU’S
- Assisting and supporting the Senior or Product manager with day to day duties.
- Liaising with Buyers and garment techs on comments regarding orders.
- Liaising with designers/sales team and marketing.
- From time to time attend buyer meetings.
- Ensure data integrity
- Manage the timeline strictly to ensure the SMU samples are delivered on time.
- Ensuring all inline PP samples are sent in time for approval before production is due.
Required Experience and Skills
You will ideally have at least at least 3 to 4 years’ experience in Apparel Product Development/Garment Tech/Apparel Merchandiser role in the fashion industry.
Good knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing process.
Good computer skills. Good knowledge on fits and materials.
Ability to follow tech packs/specs accurately.
Attention to detail.
Good communication skills.
Very organised and pro-active person.
Good team player.
Note: Applicants must be UK residents.
£30,000 Up to DOE