Based just outside Exeter, Lazy Jacks is looking to recruit an Assistant Product Developer/Garment Technologist.
You will be a key member of the Lazy Jacks team working across men’s, women’s and children’s wear
Product Developer/Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Responsible for creating detailed technical specifications and size charts. To technically develop the products from initial prototype sample to production completion, including measuring garments and fitting, sealing samples with customers and factories/suppliers
- Log in all fit samples and PP samples. Checking that all samples have been processed and commented on.
- General administration duties
- Measure samples and have good knowledge of measuring.
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory and resolve the queries across the supply chain
- Developing all raw materials to achieve the business standard and co-ordinate the comments/approvals. Maintain department records for all raw material development
- To support in updating and reviewing the business’s technical standards with a view to keeping them up to date with the latest legislation, requirements and technologies.
- The timely completion and accuracy of all specifications.
- Travel to the factory for sealing or approval process when required
Product Developer/Garment Technologist - The Person Specification:
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting
- Would consider a Graduate with a relevant technical degree in Fashion and at least 6 months work experience
- Confident communication skills: ability to self manage fits, customer contact, liaise with suppliers and factories
- To handle own sampling and approvals process from concept.
- Highly competent IT skills (Excel, Word). A knowledge of Illustrator.
- Ability to manage own workload and be a team player.
- Ability to travel abroad for short periods
£Competitive Salary Based on Experience